All the ideas in this book ultimately revolve around four basic
insights about growing a business. You can:
1. Increase the number of customers;
2. Increase the number of times each one does business with you;
3. Increase the average value of each transaction; and/or
4. Increase your own effectiveness and efficiency.
Here are some other business principles that we will explore later in the book:
- What you can measure you can manage.
- Build in unique core differentiators and focus on them constantly — it’s more important to be different than it is to be better.
- Cutting the price is always an option but there is usually a better way — increasing value.
- Break compromises and lower the barriers to people doing business with you.
- Systematize every aspect of your business.
- Empower your team to make it right for every customer.
- Create a clear and detailed action plan.